Dear GCE Friends & Families:
Lots of information in this news blast. Featured stories include:
- Save the Dates!!!
- 2014-15 Enrollment. Paperwork & Tuition Schedule.
- Civic Immersion — ASL, DHH, & GCE!!! — check out the latest staff video!
- Hybrid Pilot for Seniors!
Mark your calendars!
- Graduation: Move over 2013 Graduates! It’s YOUR turn, GCE seniors!
- June 4, 5:30-7pm. Location & agenda TBD and info shared in early April.
- Spring Break: Friday March 28th – Monday April 7th.
- Spring Term begins Tuesday April 8 at 8:50am.
- Students only Experiential Term Final Presentations — sorry.
- However, the micromentaries will be shared publicly as Online Installations.
- Select students will represent at Spring Term Final Presentations (likely June 4th — TBD).
- Parent Event: April 16, 6pm @ Amazing Edibles. More details coming soon.
- Please see the Admissions website for greater detail. However, key information is noted below and re-enrollment paperwork will be sent by mail in early April:
- Tuition for the 2014-15 school year is $18,000.
- Deposit of $1,500 is due April 15, 2014.
- Installments may be paid in 1, 2, or 4 payments.
- 1 payment of $18,000 by July 1, 2014
- 2 payments of $9,000 by July 1 and September 1, 2014
- 4 payments of $4,515 ($60 fee) by the first of July, August, September, & October
- Financial Assistance awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis. Click HERE for more info.
Why ASL @ GCE?
Experiential Term 2014 featuring GCE students.
Look out for STUDENT micromentaries coming soon!!!
GCE’s Hybrid Model Being Piloted by Seniors April & May!
- As we more deliberately prepare students for college and post-graduate life, we frame learning as an experience owned and created by each student. This means that we scaffold student learning — both in school and in the world. Seniors will pilot a program in which they begin the term business as usual (on site with their junior peers), but quickly demonstrate their ability to work remotely 2 days per week and participate in professional apprenticeships.
- We’ll keep you in the loop as the program unfolds. Their successes and challenges will courageously pave the way for all future juniors & seniors. Please wish them luck, and ask how it’s going!
Thank you and best wishes — GCE staff!