Welcome to 2014 and Winter Term at GCE!
We’re thrilled to see your children, our students, return to school eager to learn. The first few days have been filled with energy, creativity, and hands-on learning. They’ve also been framed by terrifically unpleasant weather and the promise of more to come. So, please make sure that GCE students dress warmly, bring extra shoes (or slippers), and store extra clothes here if necessary.
Three topics in this news blast:
- SAVE THE DATES!!!
- ACT & TEST PREP
- WINTER COURSES
SAVE THE DATES!!!
- Saturday January 25th, from 10:30-11:45am, we will be hosting a “TOWN HALL” event during which we will share our 2014-15 school brochure replete with a slew of innovations and refinements. Certainly it is not imperative that you are present, but it would be great if the bulk of our community would be present to learn first-hand about the changes that are in process.
- Please RSVP to the TOWN HALL via email to [email protected] or by calling 312.643.0991
- Final Presentations (FPs) are scheduled for Thursday February 27th, 10:30am-noon. We hope you’ll join us. The students will have lots to share. FPs will likely take place at GCE, but we’ll let you know if something changes.
- NO SCHOOL on Monday January 20th and February 17.
ACT & TEST PREP
- Juniors, the ACT TEST is coming soon and Jessica is stalking you to complete your registration and sign up for Educational Endeavors’ test prep courses. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected], and do so before she tracks you down! You may also find information which we shared in a previous news blast here.
WINTER COURSE SITES
- All courses are now shared with parents & guardians — at least Unit 1 of all courses; Units 2 & 3 will be made available in the coming weeks. An email with username and password has been sent directly to your email address. Please review the courses (names & one-liners above), both for your own edification and so that you have a clear idea of what your children are learning. Who knows, this might even lead to inspiring dinner conversations (or so we’ve heard!).
Wishing you a healthy, joyful, and prosperous 2014. Many thanks,